1. of or relating to aborigines:
- Aboriginal dress and customs.
2. (especially of people) existing in a place from a very early period, before the arrival of colonists; native; indigenous:
- The aboriginal people of Canada.
1. one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
2. (initial capital letter). Also, Aboriginal. Also called Australian Aborigine. a member of the people who were the earliest inhabitants of Australia.
1660-70; aborigine + -al
2. endemic, autochthonous, primordial.