eh [ey, e]
1. an interrogative utterance, usually asking for something to be repeated or to get clarification of:
- Eh? What's all this?
2. Slang. An indication of surprise; Hey!
3. Slang. An expression given to acknowledge that one is listening to what another is saying; all ears.
4. Canadian Slang. An indication of puzzlement over a statement.
5. Canadian Slang. A solicitation or request of agreement:
- That went well, eh?
6. Slang. Used to add emphasis to a sentence:
- That concert was lousy, eh?